Mansfield Family Law Attorneys
Sensible Family Law Solutions for Bristol County Residents
Are you involved in a divorce, child custody case, or another family law-related matter? No matter what legal issue you’re facing, one of our experienced attorneys can provide the support you need to get through this challenging time.
At the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, we believe cutting-edge legal counsel doesn't have to come with an unreasonable price tag. Our divorce services are billed as a flat-fee, so you know up-front how much our help will cost and can balance your budget accordingly. Our attorneys are versatile and knowledgeable, capable of handling a wide variety of family law cases.
Take the first step! Call (508) 593-1408 or contact us online to discuss your needs with Mansfield family law attorneys who see the bigger picture and have the experience to help make a difference in your future.
Family Law and Divorce Services
We understand that family law cases are often stressful and can be emotionally draining. Our attorneys will handle your case with the care and compassion it deserves so that you can move forward with confidence.
We'll do everything in our power to help you thoroughly understand the details of your case and develop a comprehensive legal strategy tailored to your personal needs. At the end of the day, our mission is simple: ensure that you know your case is in the hands of people who genuinely care about preserving your best interests.
We provide a full range of family law services, including:
- Divorce services, including for amicable divorces. Whether you're estranged from your ex or are working with them to develop an amicable exit strategy for your marriage, we can help you navigate your divorce.
- Parental rights issues like parenting timeand child support agreements. In any divorce that involves children, child custody, and child support are lynchpin issues. We'll work with you to help you handle custody and support matters effectively without jeopardizing your familial relationships.
- Determining alimony payments (spousal support). Whether you're seeking alimony from your ex or are being asked to pay spousal support yourself, we have the knowledge to help you with your case.
- Division of marital assets. Receiving an unfavorable division of assets judgment in your divorce can mean the difference between financial stability and uncertainty. We'll help you understand what assets you should claim as private or communal property, and fight for your rights in court.
- Premarital agreements. Misconceptions surrounding prenuptial agreements abound. Realistically, premarital agreements are an excellent way to make sure your marriage is fair and equitable to both parties. Whether you want to protect your spouse from that risky investment you've waited years to make, or just want to ensure your assets are divided equitably, we can help you draft a prenuptial agreement that suits your needs.
- Annulments. Under certain circumstances, you may wish to pursue an annulment instead of a divorce. We can help you understand whether seeking an annulment is feasible, given your circumstances. If it is, we'll help you pursue it.
- Adoption and guardianships. Navigating adoption or guardianship processes successfully can be challenging. Often, these processes are legally complex and time-consuming. We'll help you determine the most effective way for you to pursue adoption or guardianship and will remain at your side throughout the process.
- Restraining orders. Whether you're a victim of domestic violence seeking a restraining order, or you're defending yourself against one, we have the knowledge to help you with your case. We understand domestic violence-related proceedings can be stressful and will handle your case with empathy and care.
- Contempt proceedings. If your ex won’t comply with a court decree, we can help you understand how to broach the topic with a court. If your ex accuses you of shirking your responsibilities, we'll fight for your rights in the courtroom.
- Court order modification. If you believe your ex isn't accurately carrying out their responsibilities concerning a child custody order or other legally binding contract, we can help. We'll work with you to pursue a court order that can help ensure your ex follows any contracts to the letter.
To help you get to know our firm a little better, let's explore what you can expect if you come to us seeking aid for a child custody, support, visitation, or property asset division case.
Child Custody—Determining Your Custody Arrangement
You want what's best for your children. Unfortunately, child custody, support, and visitation cases often result in a significant amount of inter-familial conflict that can negatively affect parent-child relationships.
Our attorneys at the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, understand how important it is to preserve a good parent-child relationship during the divorce process. If you have children who are involved in a divorce, you'll face questions such as:
- Who gets custody?
- How is time with the children shared?
- How do we continue to support them?
- What happens as our lives change due to a move or a job change?
The answers to these critical concerns will be different for every family.
If possible, we'll work with you and your ex to try and develop a mutually beneficial arrangement that satisfies both parties. If you and your ex are estranged or can't reach an agreement, we'll fight for your parental rights in the courtroom. We'll take care of the heavy lifting, so you can focus on maintaining a positive relationship with your children during this trying time.
Protecting your rights as a parent is just as important as the interests of your children. We provide the insight and advice you need for custody, support, establishing paternity, and other child custody-related concerns.
Property Division—Dividing Debts and Assets in a Divorce
How marital assets such as property, debts, and bank accounts are divided can determine your future financial stability. For this reason, property division is often one of the most contentious parts of any divorce case. It's a complex issue that requires the help of a skilled attorney who can handle the legal as well as the emotional aspects of these cases.
Under Massachusetts law, all assets and debts must be divided equitably, including:
- Household goods
- Bank accounts
- Cash assets
- Retirement accounts
- Real estate assets
We take a comprehensive approach to property division. We'll help you determine what assets you're entitled to how to pursue them in the courtroom. Additionally, we can also help you evaluate the tax implications involved in spousal support and child support.
We're also committed to helping clients who are facing financial difficulties understand potential long-term consequences of the property division process. If you are currently facing bankruptcy, foreclosure, or lawsuits, we can help you determine how those issues may affect property division in your divorce.