Mansfield Divorce Attorneys
Experienced Attorneys For Complex Divorce Cases in Bristol County
If you are going through a divorce, the last thing you need is more uncertainty in your life. Don't settle for legal counsel you can't trust. At the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, our attorneys will give your case the care it deserves. We'll work with you to understand your unique circumstances and develop a comprehensive legal strategy personalized to your individual needs, so you know exactly what to expect.
Retake control of your life: We invite you to sit down with one of our Mansfield divorce attorneys in a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. There, we can explain how we can help you through the divorce process. Contact us online to learn more, or give us a call at (508) 593-1408.
What Can I Expect From My Divorce?
For most people, divorce is a lengthy, emotionally draining ordeal—particularly in contested divorces where neither party agrees on how to handle the divorce. Additional factors, such as children you may share with your ex, can complete the divorce further and make it even more nervewracking.
If you're going through a divorce, you've already got a lot on your plate. You don't need to be overwhelmed by the legal complexity and length of the divorce process. Our knowledgeable and sympathetic divorce attorneys will help you understand your case more thoroughly and fight for your rights in and out of the courtroom so you can focus on what matters: re-establishing control in your life.
Divorce isn't just a single action; it's a combination of multiple sophisticated legal measures. We'll help you work through the following legal processes during your divorce:
- Divorce planning. The first step towards completing your divorce is determining what steps you need to take to achieve the desired results. The average divorce takes around 15 months to complete, so when you begin divorce proceedings, you're in it for the long haul. We'll help you understand Massachusetts divorce law in detail, so you know exactly what you stand to gain (and lose) from your divorce case. Then, we'll work with you to develop a step-by-step legal strategy that covers all your bases so that you can navigate your case with confidence.
- Uncontested and complex divorce litigation. It goes without saying that amicable divorces are easier to deal with than divorces where both parties are estranged. However, it's no secret the majority of divorces are contested. The more you disagree with your ex on how to handle the divorce, the more complex your case will be. We don't shy away from complex contested divorces. If possible, we'll negotiate with your spouse's attorney to mediate the divorce and come to a mutually beneficial resolution both parties are satisfied by. However, we're not afraid to fight for your rights in the courtroom if need be.
- Division of assets and debts. A major area of disagreement in divorces is often how assets, such as a real estate, debt, and joint bank accounts, should be divided. We'll help you understand what assets you can claim as your own, and work with you to determine what community assets you should pursue. We'll do whatever we can to ensure your assets are fairly and equitably divided during your divorce case.
- Child custody and visitation agreements, including arrangements for child support payments. Divorces that involve children are difficult for parents, particularly when the parties disagree on matters such as child custody or support. You want the best for your child—and we're right there with you. Whether you want to negotiate with your spouse through mediation or proceed with your case in the courtroom, our attorneys are here to fight for your parental rights. We'll help you understand Massachusetts laws governing child custody and support so that you can pursue the best interests of your child.
- Legal separation. Sometimes, divorce isn't always the best option. If you're interested in reconciling with your spouse but need some time to yourself, you may want to pursue separation. Separation is also a fantastic option for individuals interested in an amicable divorce who want time to mediate their case with their spouse. We'll help you draft a legally binding separation contract that will serve your best interests regardless of your situation.
- Spousal support (alimony). Whether you're seeking spousal support from your ex or being asked to pay alimony yourself, we're here to help. Massachusetts has complex spousal support laws that can be difficult to understand, particularly if you're unfamiliar with how alimony works in our state. We'll help you determine what a reasonable spousal support arrangement is for your situation, and pursue that option either through mediation or in the courtroom.
- Judgment modifications. Frequently, circumstances change after divorce. Perhaps you no longer need to receive spousal support from your ex, or maybe your child support needs have increased. Whatever the case, we can help you file for judgment modifications that better reflect your current situation.
- Prenuptial agreements. If you signed a prenuptial agreement, it will play a role during your divorce. We can help you understand exactly what ramifications your prenuptial agreement will have on the divorce proceedings. If you think your prenuptial agreement is invalid, we'll help you demonstrate your concerns to the court.
At the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, we believe high-quality legal services shouldn't be unattainable. That's why we're proud to offer all our clients flat-fee divorce services.
The more you know, the more you can do to plan for the future. By offering flat-fees for divorce, our clients know exactly what to expect from us. We'll handle every aspect of your divorce, and we'll do it at a price you know you can afford. You'll never come out of a consultation with our attorneys saddled with hidden charges or fees, because at the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, they don't exist. We're here to provide you with exceptional, efficient legal counsel—and our pricing model reflects that focus.
To find out if a flat-fee divorce is right for you, talk to one of our attorneys today. We will make sure you have access to the information you need.
Need a Firm That Isn't Afraid of Tough Cases? Look No Further.
We have the negotiation, mediation, and trial litigation experience you need to move through divorce with confidence. With our attorneys, you can rest easy knowing that your settlement or judgment won't come back to haunt you in the future. Whether your divorce is uncontested or involves complex marital property valuation and division issues, you can rely on our experience with confidence.
Meet your team! Contact us online or give us a call at (508) 593-1408 to schedule a consultation with one of our divorce and family law attorneys serving Bristol County. We have experience and skills you can rely on for your family's future.
We have a heavy litigation background & winning success record.
We offer a flat-fee service for all budgets.
We create personalized strategies to meet your needs.
We are accessible - when you hire us, you get us day or night.