Mansfield Military Veterans Benefits Lawyers
Fighting For America's Brave
Here at the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, we understand the sacrifices military veterans—and their families—make so we can stay safe and well. Our servicemembers spend months away at a time from their loved ones and risk their safety on our behalf. During that time, family members need to take care of children and each other while worried about their loved ones.
Massachusetts provides a variety of benefits for military veterans and their families. Unfortunately, veterans don't always receive the benefits they deserve. Our attorneys fight to ensure our military members and their loved ones are treated fairly and with respect.
Massachusetts veterans have a stalwart advocate at the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, serving Bristol County in Massachusetts. We treat every case with individualized care and the utmost professionalism—just ask our clients.
Take the first step! To receive a free consultation with one of our Mansfield-based veterans benefits attorneys and find out how you can secure your veterans benefits, fill out our contact form online or give us a call at (508) 593-1408.
What Benefits Do Service Members Receive in Massachusetts?
Massachusetts provides veterans with several benefits. Here are some of the most common veterans benefits offered by the Massachusetts Commonwealth:
- Retired income tax benefits. In Massachusetts, the retired military pay veterans receive isn't subject to income tax.
- Disability pay exclusion. Disability benefits are excluded from gross income calculations for Massachusetts vets, which again lowers taxes.
- Tax-free indemnity and dependency compensation. Family members who lose a servicemembers in the line of duty, or from a service-related injury or disease, can receive tax-free indemnity and dependency compensation from the Commonwealth.
- Tax-free survivor pension. Family members who receive a Survivor Benefit Program pension due to losing a servicemember receive a survivor pension tax-free.
- Property tax exemption for certain individuals. Veterans, spouses, surviving spouses, and Gold Star Parents are all eligible to receive a variety of property tax exemptions. The requirements to receive property tax exemptions vary on a case-by-case basis. For example, to receive a $1,250.00 exemption, a veteran must have lost use of both their hands or feet, use of one hand or foot, and/or use of both eyes. A lawyer with experience in military veterans benefits can help you understand what benefits you're eligible for either as a veteran or as a military family member.
These are just a few of the most prominent benefits military veterans receive in Massachusetts. Massachusetts veterans and their families are also entitled to a number of other benefits depending on their situation, such as categorical tuition waivers to collegiate and university facilities for veterans and active-duty members.
Advocating For Our Veterans And Military Families In Need
Unfortunately, our military members are denied benefits all too often. Occasionally, assessors unfamiliar with the law mistakenly deny benefits to veterans or their family members. Many times, veterans and their family members fail to receive the benefits they deserve due to a lack of knowledge.
We provide comprehensive services to military members, including:
- Those denied disability benefits after exposure to caustic chemicals
- Those struggling to get medical benefits coverage or disability coverage after PTSD diagnosis
- Families whose survivor benefits are limited or denied
We also provide services to military families undergoing divorce and other family law issues. In those instances, we help individuals navigate the complicated regulations involved in post-divorce benefit allocations.
If you're unsure what benefits you're entitled to as a military veteran or a servicemember's loved one, we'll work with you to help you understand what benefits you may be eligible for, and how you can receive them.
Work With A Team That Cares
With years of experience, the attorneys at the Ostendorf Law Group, PLLC, are serious and committed advocates for military veterans. We understand how the legal system works and regularly assist military members and their loved ones with benefits. If you are denied military benefits that are rightfully yours, our lawyers will work on your behalf to obtain the benefits you deserve.
We have a heavy litigation background & winning success record.
We offer a flat-fee service for all budgets.
We create personalized strategies to meet your needs.
We are accessible - when you hire us, you get us day or night.