Call Today For Your Free Consultation 508.434.4043
Passionate Legal Advocacy

Modifications Lawyers in Seekonk

Making Changes to Existing Orders

While a divorce agreement may be the right decision at the time, no circumstances remain unchanged forever. When circumstances change, you can request a modification. The Seekonk divorce attorneys at The Ostendorf Law Group, P.C. handles simple and complex issues for all types of clients throughout Eastern Massachusetts, ranging from middle-class clients to those with higher incomes.

If your current agreement no longer serves your family, call (508) 434-4043 to discuss the possibility of modification.

Modifying a Divorce Agreement

The ability to make changes to a divorce agreement may depend on the status of your case and the specific change that is requested. Changes can be made by filing a motion, such as a Complaint for Modification, Motion to Set Aside, or Motion for Reconsideration. In addition, you may be able to file a motion of contempt for failure to pay child support or alimony, failure to comply with a visitation agreement, or provisions for property division.

A modification may be required for issues such as:

  • Increasing child support
  • Decreasing child support
  • Increasing alimony
  • Reducing or stopping alimony payments
  • Terminating child support
  • Changing custody agreements

If your court orders do not reflect your current circumstances, our Seekonk divorce lawyers can help you file for a modification. Some of the common changes that make a modification necessary include the loss of a job, a pay cut, a raise or promotion for your former spouse, or another life change that necessitates a change in custody or visitation, such as a relocation.

Advocating for Your Interests

Our attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience with the circumstances that lead to a change in an existing divorce decree or family court order. This experience allows us to know the most effective methods for requesting a modification in a specific court or with a particular judge. We understand that a modification is often the best solution when an existing court order is no longer appropriate in your current situation.

Do you believe your existing court order should be modified? Call (508) 434-4043 to get the advice you need in a free consultation.

Contact Ostendorf Law Group, P.C. Today

  1. We are accessible - when you hire us, you get us day or night.
  2. We have a heavy litigation background & winning success record.
  3. We create personalized strategies to meet your needs.
  4. We offer affordable rates & free consultations.
To Start Your Free Consultation Today
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.